Finally Wait is over, Time to enjoy monsoon with refreshing breeze and sprinkle of rain drop. If travel is the main love of life then turn life into one of adventure and wanderlust in monsoon
There are so many places to visit in monsoon like Bike Trails, some exciting trekking point near Mumbai or Pune but my all time favorite place is Bhandardara because it covers all of them.
If you wish to enjoy Biking, Trekking, Waterfall and Camping at one place then BHANDARDARA is right place for you which charming hill station in Sahyadri Mountain Range
This is the best time throughout a year to see picturesque scenic beauty with the rhythm of falling rain with special Vada Pav and cutting Chai in the smell of petrichor which makes your perfect getaway.
There are many ways to reach Bhandardara but I always prefer following route from Mumbai :-
Bhandardara is 165 kms (4.5hr) from Mumbai on the way to Shirdi by MUMBAI-NASHIK HIGHWAY(NH3)
Bike Route/4 wheeler Route From Mumbai –
· Start your Journey in morning so you can enjoy your journey
· From Mumbai straight away head toward Thane via ghodbunder road. before you start your ride have some food (I always prefer fountain hotel at Ghodbunder)
· From Thane take Nashik highway (NH3). Continue this route upto ghoti toll plaza.
· From Ghoti Toll Plaza continue your route for 2.5km (5min) and take right turn onto Ghoti – Shirdi Road
· Again from 8 km take right turn from Jai Kisan or from sai leela hotel onto Bhandardara – Ghoti Rd and continue your route 18 km and again take right turn from Sahyadri Kirana And General Store onto Bhandardara – Ghoti Rd and continue your route for 5km to Bhandardara(shendi).
· Shendi is the small village with some basic accommodation options where you can find hotels to stay overnight.
Places To see in Bhandardara–
Bhandardara provides plenty of amazing places for trekkers, Nature lovers and for adventure lovers.
Famous places -Arthur Lake, Randha Waterfalls, Umbrella Falls, Bhandardara Dam or Wilson Dam and Amruteshwar Temple.
Trekking Point– Kalsubai Trek, Ratangad Fort, Harichandra Gad, Sandan Valley, Kulang, Madan, Ajaparwat (Try to hire Guide to Sandhan valley, Ratangad, kalsubai etc)
Hotel Recommendation– Amruteshwar Hotel (near MTDC hotel)
Best place for food And Stay (but room are very basic which gives you the village feel), if you wish they can also arrange tents for camping near the lake but they charge more than regular Price and it is subject to availability.
1. Bhandardara is a very small village with all the natural beauty what you can expect from any destination. As its not much developed don’t expect any kind of luxurious experience here.
2. Try to hire guide from hotel
3. Wear proper shoe for any trekking as everywhere slippery road because of rain.
Have safe Journey and happy Monsoon !!!!